Virtual Cooking Classes
These chickens are actually a completely different breed, called "Freedom Rangers" because they thrive outside and know how to forage for insects and plants to supplement their sprouted organic grains. This varied diet is the key to the incredible rich and complex flavor of Tree-Range Chickens!
Join Chef Amalia Moreno-Damgaard as she shares her indigenous Guatemalan heritage and teaches us how to prepare our whole chickens two ways.
Chuck Roast & Brisket Recipes
Chuck Roast and Brisket are delicious slow cooking cuts! Your family will rave about your cooking abilities when Chef Nettie shows how to prepare these beautifully trimmed savory beef roasting cuts. For the Chuck Roast, it's Pachamanca Style - slow-cooked with mint, garlic, cilantro, and chile on a bed of veggies wrapped in banana leaves (or parchment paper). The Brisket is prepared Argentine Gaucho-style with chimichurri sauce.
Not sure how to prepare a round tip steak? Never cooked a flat iron steak? Join co-founder Todd Churchill and Chef Nettie Colon as they share cooking tips and techniques for all 7 Blue Nest Beef steaks: Tenderloin, Ribeye, NY Strip, Top Sirloin, Round Tip, Flat Iron, and Round Tip.
Cooking with amazing quality grassfed beef is simple, but you have to pay attention. The basics are:
- Thaw steaks, open package, and allow to "breathe" for at least 10 minutes.
- Rub salt and pepper on each side
- Put on a hot grill or pan
- cook 1 minute and flip
- cook 1 minute and turn heat down to low
- flip again after 2 minutes for rare, 3 for med rare, 4 for medium
- cook another 2-3 minutes
- remove from heat and set on a plate with foil tented over the top for 5 minutes to rest the steak
- Add butter and additional salt to taste
- Slice thin against the grain
- Serve sliced over greens, as a steak sandwich, or as a center of the plate whole steak